Annie's Song

A place for players of other folk/world music wind instruments.
AuLoS303
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I have a fascination for musical instruments of all kinds, and though I'm not a very good player I have a small collection of acoustic instruments including 5 recorders, 3 tin whistles , 3 guitars and 2 ukuleles.

Annie's Song

Post by AuLoS303 »

Played on my soprano recorder.

https://youtu.be/-k1T2-5RJAA
You can play beautiful music on an ugly flute
My musical endeavours on my blog
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Re: Annie's Song

Post by Peter Duggan »

0:20 What is this note... 'whistle' high D?
0:31 Some kind of sharp 'C' with left-hand 3 instead of 2?

We know you're keen, but you need to get the basics before the rest.
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
AuLoS303
Tell us something.: I have a fascination for musical instruments of all kinds, and though I'm not a very good player I have a small collection of acoustic instruments including 5 recorders, 3 tin whistles , 3 guitars and 2 ukuleles.

Post by AuLoS303 »

Peter Duggan wrote:0:20 What is this note... 'whistle' high D?
0:31 Some kind of sharp 'C' with left-hand 3 instead of 2?

We know you're keen, but you need to get the basics before the rest.
Its recorder, not whistle. And I play by ear, no sheet music. The tune came in my head and I just went for it
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Post by Peter Duggan »

I know it's a recorder, but you're missing my points completely!
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
AuLoS303

Post by AuLoS303 »

Peter Duggan wrote:I know it's a recorder, but you're missing my points completely!
No I'm not missing the point. But i think you might be missing the point of music and social media.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

AuLoS303 wrote:
Peter Duggan wrote:I know it's a recorder, but you're missing my points completely!
No I'm not missing the point. But i think you might be missing the point of music and social media.
Aulos, Peter would be the last to miss the point of music, such are his qualifications. As to social media, what can I say? This isn't Facebook. Members here are committed to helping each other improve; it's what we do. We assume that by joining here, you want to advance as a musician. Surely that is the case, yes?

A technical criticism might sting, but it is not a put-down. It is telling you you need to change something if you want to get better. There's an incredible wealth of genuine expertise available for you to take advantage of on this website. But it's up to you.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician