Who made this?

A place for players of other folk/world music wind instruments.
Peter Duggan
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Re: Who made this?

Post by Peter Duggan »

Old Dog wrote:I sent it to you.

It is a three spired church with no doubt.
Got it, thanks.

I've downsized the image to post, and here it is. It's the older Fehr logo!

And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

Thread temporarily locked for cleanup. It will be available again in about 8 or 9 hours.

... 8 hours having passed, the thread is now available for further discussion. :)
AuLoS303
Tell us something.: I have a fascination for musical instruments of all kinds, and though I'm not a very good player I have a small collection of acoustic instruments including 5 recorders, 3 tin whistles , 3 guitars and 2 ukuleles.

Post by AuLoS303 »

Hmm looks like FDR.
You can play beautiful music on an ugly flute
My musical endeavours on my blog
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

Old Dog wrote:All I can see of the logo is what looks like the three spires of a church with crosses on top of each spire.
Or a crown.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.

Post by benhall.1 »

AuLoS303 wrote:Hmm looks like FDR.
If you look at it carefully, the F joins to the E, which joins to the H which joins to the R. It's slightly confusing to look at because each of those letters has a horizontal line at the mid-point.
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Post by Peter Duggan »

s1m0n wrote:Or a crown.
Which is why I said 'I think I might know your manufacturer unless you're sure the 'spires' are spires...'
benhall.1 wrote:If you look at it carefully, the F joins to the E, which joins to the H which joins to the R. It's slightly confusing to look at because each of those letters has a horizontal line at the mid-point.
On which note the new (2013) logo is much clearer as well as clearly a crown, though cleverly and subtly made from three recorder heads:

Image Image

So I'd guessed Fehr as potentially fitting the 'three (?) letters' ending in 'R' and must have seen the old logo before despite never owning a Fehr, but didn't finally get it till I spotted 'Neues Logo (1.1.2013)' on the Fehr homepage and went digging for the 'altes Logo'!
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
benhall.1

Post by benhall.1 »

Peter Duggan wrote:I spotted 'Neues Logo (1.1.2013)' on the Fehr homepage and went digging for the 'altes Logo'!
.. which is exactly what I looked up as soon as you flagged that it was a Fehr. :)
Old Dog
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Old Dog »

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Best
Paul N.