Where to find sheet music for treble recorder?

A place for players of other folk/world music wind instruments.
Peter Duggan
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Re: Where to find sheet music for treble recorder?

Post by Peter Duggan »

dubrosa22 wrote:There have been many splendid complete volumes of Van Eyck issued for recorder.
Many complete volumes as in complete Der Fluyten Lust-hofs or complete volumes of selections from same? (I'd be surprised if there are more than a handful of complete editions.)
Most are Descant/Soprano.
Which is what the written music fits.
I'm guessing the OP has ordered a Treble/Alto edition like this one?
http://www.earlymusicshop.com/product.a ... order-coll
Yes, but that's a selection. And jadphoto's not the OP, but was merely suggesting a supplier and might just have been looking for a regular descant edition...
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
jadphoto
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by jadphoto »

Peter Duggan wrote:
jadphoto wrote:Pretty good service on a book that seems to be kinda hard to find (Jacob Van Eyck).
Don't know how available/unavailable it is now because I've had mine for a good 35 years, but the full thing (which I have) is/used to be three volumes and I've only ever seen selections as a single book. So curious to know exactly what you've ordered there?
Book one of three. Or at least that's how it's being sold now.

I assume we're talking about Der Fluyten Lust-Hof? Sheet Music Plus lists three separate volumes, and then several other books with the same title listed as "selections". Not sure how that works.

I found what is presumably the full book on Amazon, but it was a 'bazillion bucks in hard cover.

I'm going to check out volume one and if it's what I'm looking for I'll order the other two.

My experience with Amazon was that the book(s) were either not currently in stock or were a lot more than I paid with Sheet Music Plus.

I've been reading about Van Eyck on the recorder forum and am looking forward to seeing what he's all about. Although there are a few of his things in the Baroque Recorder Anthology and I'm enjoying those.

JD
Motherdragon
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: New to alto recorder!! Played descant at school (35 odd years ago)!! Fancied playing an instrument so thought the treble might be a good place to start.

Post by Motherdragon »

Just popped back and saw all the new replies, thank you!! Will check out your suggestions.... :)
jadphoto
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by jadphoto »

OK...Van Eyck book arrived...whoa! This dude is the Thelonius Monk or the 17th century.

No need to order book 2 or 3 for a looooong time.

Challenging is too mile a word for this stuff, but fun, fun, fun! :boggle:

JD