Dolmetch, Mollenhauer recorders

A place for players of other folk/world music wind instruments.
Eugene Passofaro
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am a flautist, composer and play 6 and 12 string guitar. I am a professional recording engineer and operate a studio. I produce about 100 CDs a year

Dolmetch, Mollenhauer recorders

Post by Eugene Passofaro »

Hi, I have a Dolmetch Treble Recorder in Bakelite - looks like it might have an ebony block. Does anyone know the value of these? Also I have a treble Mollenhauer with one brass key, same thing, anyone heard of this type?
Mae
Tell us something.: I'm a recorder player, but I've been dabbling in Irish whistles and Native American flutes. I'm always interested in learning more.

Re: Dolmetch, Mollenhauer recorders

Post by Mae »

I just looked up "bakelite recorder" on eBay (US and UK), and there are a variety of prices, but I suspect you won't get more than US$100.00 for any one of these, if even that, unless they are mint and a collector wants them.

I'm curious, how do these sound compared to modern ABS plastic recorders?
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Re: Dolmetch, Mollenhauer recorders

Post by Peter Duggan »

Mae wrote:I'm curious, how do these sound compared to modern ABS plastic recorders?
They can be very good, but (depending on vintage?) don't all play the same.

viewtopic.php?p=1060207#p1060207
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?