A recorder for folk musik

A place for players of other folk/world music wind instruments.
Mae
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a recorder player, but I've been dabbling in Irish whistles and Native American flutes. I'm always interested in learning more.

Re: A recorder for folk musik

Post by Mae »

Susatos are nice, and they are definitely loud. I have a set of the Kildares that I bought used, but I have a hard time player their lower whistles because the finger holes seem very far apart compared to my other low whistles. I tried out an alto G Dublin, and ended up giving it to my daughter, who has larger hands and longer fingers (she also has the four Oriole whistles as well). But I do have very small hands, and the Susatos might work well for you. I haven't tried their recorders, though, but I suspect they are similar in sound to their whistles. They look more like whistles than true recorders, and I will probably call them recorder whistles because of that to distinguish them from "proper" recorders. Hah, now I'm curious about how they would play.

I ended up ordering the Shearwater soprano recorder whistle (and a couple of his low whistles). John is great to work with. I asked him a lot of questions, and he has been very patient and informative. Since I've not tried his, this was a good opportunity, and his prices are very good, and I like the sound from your video as well as other people's videos. Thank you again for putting up those videos. :)
LucaLuigi72
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm italian and I would like to have some information for recorder flute.
In particular I would like to buy a soprano recorder of grenadilla or rosewood and I'm not sure between the 2 woods and if take a Moeck or Mollenhauer.

Re: A recorder for folk musik

Post by LucaLuigi72 »

Yes, John is a great man, he aswer always to the mails and want to learn more and to improve himself and his work.