Tips on Playing the Anasazi Flute

A place for players of other folk/world music wind instruments.
gemmastemley
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am a flute player and is part of a duo of flute and guitar. Recently i have extended my music to include the sound of the NAF. I recently bought a flute from High Spirits flute and one from Jonah Thompson. As I continue to listen to professional players like Scot August I realize that the Anasazi and Mohave 6 flutes are wonderful and that i should add one of these to my collection. However all reports talk about the difficulty in playing a rim blown flute. I think it may be similar to the Yamaha I now play. i would like to become a part of this forum and hear what foklks are saying.

Tips on Playing the Anasazi Flute

Post by gemmastemley »

Hi Everyone:

I received my Bb Anasazi from Geoffrey Ellis. It's a beauty! Some of you are very adept at playing this wonderful instrument. I heard Jonathan's (Peddlar)recording of the Scott August's tune - Journey, which was true to the original. Does anyone have any tips about getting a sound out of the sixth hole. I am making progress on the other five notes but the six is a challenge. I plan to take a Skype class from Scott but would like to practice before the class starts.
chicagopsych
antispam: No

Re: Tips on Playing the Anasazi Flute

Post by chicagopsych »

You should post your question on flute portal forums, as Geoffrey Ellis himself as well as many other rim flute players posts there.