U.S. woodwind sellers that accept returns?

A place for players of other folk/world music wind instruments.
ganchan
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

U.S. woodwind sellers that accept returns?

Post by ganchan »

I would really like to try a Yamaha tenor recorder, just to see if my hands can manage the thing without a bunch of expensive modifications. No local shops carry it, so that leaves online sellers. My question is, where can I find a seller that will accept a returned woodwind instrument once it's been tried?

I assume the places that sell super-expensive instruments have to make some sort of allowances here, especially since these instruments almost have to be tried out before the buyer can know whether he wants to make that kind of financial commitment. I'm hoping that one of these places also sells plastic instruments in general and the Yamaha tenor in particular.

(I suppose I could always resell it on eBay, etc. -- but not for what I paid for it, especially if I'm holding the bag for shipping.....)
MTGuru

Re: U.S. woodwind sellers that accept returns?

Post by MTGuru »

Bill Lazar in the Bay Area (Lazar's Early Music) has a friendly return policy, and he sells the Yamaha plastic tenors.

You might also check with Richie and Elaine at Courtly Music re. their return policy. I bought my Yamaha tenor from them, and they're very nice people.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
ganchan

Re: U.S. woodwind sellers that accept returns?

Post by ganchan »

Thanks!