Let Molloy play!

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
RudallRose

Let Molloy play!

Post by RudallRose »

Love this clip. Check out at the 11:55 mark where Molloy nears the end of Moving Cloud ... how they get ready to play, then collectively back off as Matt goes around again. Nice! I cracked up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-MWc2bq ... 868B2E5A6D
Akiba
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am an Irish flute player and whistler. I have been a member since 2007? This has been one of the most informative sites on Irish flute I have found.

Re: Let Molloy play!

Post by Akiba »

Matt Molloy is the King; and Heathery Breeze (in which Molloy's Moving Cloud is the first tune on the first track) is one of the greatest albums of all time. Long live the King!
mcdafydd
Tell us something.: My wife and I moved back to beautiful Central Vermont and I need to update my Location! Thanks much...

Post by mcdafydd »

Thank, David, great clip! I also like the couple seconds of what I like to think of as heavy metal whistle soloing at 17:31. :)

That was my first flute album back in 2000, Akiba. It was great inspiration!
Jlpsix

Post by Jlpsix »

I love the Jason clips. They really bring out molloy's beautifully timed long rolls. Effortless with fantastic timing and articulation. A legend! Jlpsix
ancientfifer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ancientfifer »

Nice spot David! Yes, the look on Paddy's face when he put his whistle back down was like "been there, done that, don't want to cross the line again" LOL! Masterful, fluid playing, something to strive for...and strive for...and strive for...... :)
Russ
ancientfifer is the chiffer formerly known as fifenwhistle (Dec. 2008-January 2014)
Avatar Photo: Colonial Williamsburg Fifes and Drums, July 4th Parade 1976, broadcasted live nationally on CBS.