Wanted: Used delrin flute

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
ChristianRo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Wanted: Used delrin flute

Post by ChristianRo »

Christian
Jayhawk
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Re: Wanted: Used delrin flute

Post by Jayhawk »

Have you thought of one of Walt Sweets Shannon model flutes? Only $275 USD new. He will make it with inline instead of offset holes for no charge if you would like.
ChristianRo

Post by ChristianRo »

Thanks for your hint, Jay. I'd rather prefer a flute with a tuning slide. I've heard only good things about the Shannon, though. Problem is, it would cost me more than a new M&E if I bought one in the US. There's a German store that carries Shannons. Charging 329 EUR IIRC.
Keep your offers coming, fellas. Not much going on so far.
Christian
megapop

Post by megapop »

Yeah, 329 € is an surcharge of over 60 % (!) -- folkfriends, eh? Anyway, good look Christian! And keep an eye on the British ebay...

But it's interesting that Mr. Sweet would make them inline as well (though it makes sense of course). The offset holes put me off in the first place when I was looking for a delrin flute. But then again, even if the Shannon would be sold here w/ inline holes... 60 % ...
return null;
ChristianRo

Post by ChristianRo »

Yep, folkfriends.de Your Shark in the M for us continentals ...
Christian
Julia Delaney
Tell us something.: I play fiddle, concertina, flute. I live in NH. Lived in Kilshanny, Co Clare, for about 20 years. Politically on the far left. Diet on the far right (plant-based fundamentalist). Musically in the middle of the pure drop.

Post by Julia Delaney »

The Shannon flute is very easily tuned. The addition of a tuning slide would increase the cost of the flute by another $100-200, at least. Walt Sweet uses rubber o-rings on the flute and a thinner tenon so that tuning is no problem. The clearances are very precise and the flute is beautifully turned and plays exceptionally well. Even at €360 the Shannon flute is well worth the money. I have a slightly used one that I can mail anywhere in Europe for €275 (postage included).
Freedom is merely privilege extended, unless enjoyed by one and all. The Internationale
drdagmar

Post by drdagmar »

I have a keyless Desy Seery Delrin flute I would part with. I am in Hamburg, so mailing it would be easy. It needs a new cork in the head, apart from that it's in good nick. It's a heavy flute and not easy to play though.