Flute Photos!!! Come post your flute pictures :)

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Sedi
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Practice, practice, practice. You're never too old to learn.
Keep on fluting.
---u---o-o-o--o-o-o--
-----------------------

Re: Flute Photos!!! Come post your flute pictures :)

Post by Sedi »

Played this one a bit today -- it was just an experiment and I messed up one of the holes because I don't have the right tools for carbon. But I simply put some coatings of lacquer over it and it plays great. I like how I can feel the air vibrating, more so than on other flutes I made, probably because of the hardness of the carbon tube. It weighs just slightly over 120 grams. The head piece is of slightly thicker material -- the tube has 1mm, the head 1.5 which helps evening out the octaves. I don't think I will make another one from carbon but it was a nice experiment.
Heleendje
Tell us something.: Belgian - 36 - Irish enthusiast - flute n00b!!

Love Irish dancing, music, language, humour & pubs!
Last trip before the pandemic: Dublin!
Irish-ish "claim to fame": creating motion graphics and commercial trailers for Irish comedy trio/YouTubers Foil Arms & Hog
Cannot wait to finally walk the Wicklow Way <3

The online St Patrick's Day Festival 2021 made me fairly addicted to trad sessions!
Bought my first flute (David Angus!) after browsing this board, so thanks a mill :)

Post by Heleendje »

Hello everyone! My very first Irish flute just arrived and I couldn't be more thrilled! From David Angus, the wood is called Mozambican Newtonia and it looks gorgeous. And well-oiled. I added a pretty rosewood fife to my basket as well, why not! Included a maintenance guide which I will learn by heart.

Looking forward to learning about embouchure and getting some notes out. Just a few minutes at a time right?

Thanks to this board for leading me to David Angus's website!

rentspel
Tell us something.: I have been playing flute all my life and I am looking for people with the same interest to share ideas, experience and thoughts with. :)

Post by rentspel »

What an amazing thread! Thank you all for sharing!

When I get back home after the vacation I will share my own collection :)