New Site is UP

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
RudallRose

Post by RudallRose »

The newly redesigned website for Fyfer Restorations is now online! Lots of new stuff to peruse and listen to!
gcollins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by gcollins »

David!

Great site witrh many good additions for the whistles. I can't believe you've been able to collect so many good whistles for sale from the get-go, especially the Grinter and Overton Low F. So tempting.

Good work.
RudallRose

Post by RudallRose »

That's the idea! :smile:
And more coming in soon, so keep watching.
Thanks for the input!
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Great looking site David!~! I like the sound clips with the flutes for sale. But I don't have any money right now!

It's well thought out and easy to navigate. The pics are good. And I like the fact that when you move the mouse over an item for sale, it will tell that the flute is sold, before you go it. But David I don't have any money!

To many instruments not enough money!!!

All in all a great site.

Mark
RudallRose

Post by RudallRose »

Thanks for the comments, Mark!
Leads me to a thought: I've been considering whether to allow lay-aways on instruments as some people would love to buy, but can't get the funds into one bulk for such a purchase. I hate thinking (as i once felt) that a flute I'd love to own is out of my immediate grasp. I wonder if such a layaway thing would appeal to you guys out there? If so, thoughts on how best to approach it?
gcollins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by gcollins »

Hi David:

Maybe you could require something like 50% upfront and if someone can pay the balance within say, 3 months, the flute is his or hers.
ErikT
antispam: No

Post by ErikT »

I don't know that 50% down is even necessary, unless cash flow is an issue. I would simply have a minimum monthly amount (say $50) that you would accept until the flute is purchased. It does create more 'paper work' on your end, but sounds like you're willing to do it.

Erik
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

I was just kidding about the price of a excellent flute. It's not the price but the Canadian exchange that is the killer. And it makes quality flutes almost out of range right now or in the near future --$.30 to $.40 cents on the US dollar, depending on the phase of the moon in conjuction with the unseen black matter, and when snails grow legs.

The idea of lay-away isn't a bad idea, but the paperwork could be a draw back, and too much work for one person and repair and mend flutes.

Mark

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MarkB on 2001-09-17 14:47 ]</font>
Bretton
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been playing whistle for a very long time, but never seem to get any better than I was about 10 years ago. I'm okay with that. :)

Post by Bretton »

I recently finished paying for a button accordion that was about $1,000 (US). I'm still waiting for it to be made/delivered, but at least it's payed for. While I've come close to spending that much TOTAL on whistles, it will the largest single purchase I've ever made (except for my car). I would never have been able to save up that much on my own...It would have burned a hole through my pocket. I don't use credit cards, so lay-away was the only option that worked for me. I'm sure people would use the service.
:smile: -brett