Angus Flutes

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Ben Shaffer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Ive played Irish Flute for a number of Years. Have played Sessions as well but not currently. I have also played Colonial American Flute in reenactment Groups. Started playing Clarinet in 1960 in School and later Community Bands. Also have played Bagpipes Solo as well as in Pipe Bands I played Drums in a Garage band in High School, probably my Instrument I played the best!

Angus Flutes

Post by Ben Shaffer »

Does anyone have any experience with Dave Angus Flutes?. :-?
He is based out if Ireland
I think he makes a lot of Fifes for Fife & Drum Groups there in Ireland
That said I am interested in just his Flutes :poke:
Mr.Gumby

Re: Angus Flutes

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Fifes for Fife & Drum Groups there in Ireland
That suggests a location up North and he is indeed in Co Down, in Donaghadee.

See his website
Last edited by Mr.Gumby on Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
My brain hurts

Julia Delaney
Tell us something.: I play fiddle, concertina, flute. I live in NH. Lived in Kilshanny, Co Clare, for about 20 years. Politically on the far left. Diet on the far right (plant-based fundamentalist). Musically in the middle of the pure drop.

Post by Julia Delaney »

David Angus is certainly selling a lot of flutes, which is a good sign. A young player had one at our session recently - at least I think it was one of Angus' flutes. But the player has since moved away. He said he wanted to buy a flute and since he couldn't afford a top-shelf flute he looked for the least expensive. We were impressed. Good value for the price. Much better than the junk made in Pakistan.

As an addendum, when I was in Pakistan in the 90s I bought some light wooden whistles on the street for about 10¢ apiece. I still play them. They sound sweet and they are in good tune. That is good value!
Freedom is merely privilege extended, unless enjoyed by one and all. The Internationale
fatmac
Tell us something.: Kickbiker - at over 70!
:lol:

Post by fatmac »

I have a pre used aluminium 3 piece, plays well. :thumbsup:

(Good value for money.)
Keith.
Trying to do justice to my various musical instruments.
leydog
Tell us something.: I first encountered C&F almost 20 years ago when I became interested in learning to play the whistle. I renewed that interest this year, with the help of the resources on YouTube. In addition to dedicating serious time to the whistle, I also decided to invest in learning to play the flute. Tired of hoping others would ask the questions I have, I decided it was time to join the discussion/session, rather than continue sitting on the sideline with my flute/whistle on my lap, so to speak. So I ask permission to make my contribution.

Post by leydog »

I'm thinking about one of his F or D flutes, esp. the aluminum (wish he made a delrin in the low keys). What is the hole spacing like? I have some trouble with the right hand stretch.
fatmac
Tell us something.: Kickbiker - at over 70!
:lol:

Post by fatmac »

Spacing on the low D is about normal.
Keith.
Trying to do justice to my various musical instruments.