Flutes made of delrin

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Julie
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Re: Flutes made of delrin

Post by Julie »

Just wanted to note that I bought a 3- pc delrin made by Gary Somers and it is AMAZING. I'm so happy with it. It is actually easier to play than my rosewood. It was in the postbox over-night because we forgot to get the mail. My husband brought it in to me in the morning and it was cold. Most instruments don't really like being that cold...but it was playable within about a minute--and even though I'm a relative beginner, I thought it sounded pretty good (for my playing at least!).

:thumbsup:
maki
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by maki »

Julie wrote:Just wanted to note that I bought a 3- pc delrin made by Gary Somers and it is AMAZING. I'm so happy with it. It is actually easier to play than my rosewood. It was in the postbox over-night because we forgot to get the mail. My husband brought it in to me in the morning and it was cold. Most instruments don't really like being that cold...but it was playable within about a minute--and even though I'm a relative beginner, I thought it sounded pretty good (for my playing at least!).

Which Somers model did you order?
Jon C.
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Post by Jon C. »

Julie wrote:Just wanted to note that I bought a 3- pc delrin made by Gary Somers and it is AMAZING. I'm so happy with it. It is actually easier to play than my rosewood. It was in the postbox over-night because we forgot to get the mail. My husband brought it in to me in the morning and it was cold. Most instruments don't really like being that cold...but it was playable within about a minute--and even though I'm a relative beginner, I thought it sounded pretty good (for my playing at least!).

That is a nice thing about Delrin flutes, They play great right out of the box! :party:
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon
celticmodes
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by celticmodes »

My first flute was a Forbes and I thought it was excellent. A wee bit sluggish on the ornaments but that was probably more my newbie status and not a fault of the Pratten design or workmanship. Wonderful range of sounds out of it...I really liked it.

I've got a Somers 5 pc Pratten in the mail from Doc. I'll post a video after I get it.
celticmodes
[Reviol 8 key | Oz Vambrace | Dusty Strings Ravenna | Luna Trinity Parlor]