wooden flute tuning

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Cubitt
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: wooden flute tuning

Post by Cubitt »

Ian Anderson has done okay on silver flute. And as far as I'm concerned, what's good enough for the master is good enough for the man. :thumbsup:
"In times of trial, swearing often provides a solace denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
I.D.10-t
antispam: No

Post by I.D.10-t »

Heck, they beat out metalica for metal awards too! Metal Flutes rule!
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
Cubitt

Post by Cubitt »

I.D.10-t wrote:Heck, they beat out metalica for metal awards too! Metal Flutes rule!
Here's a different side of Ian, with a touch of Irish thrown in. He wrote this, and what I appreciate his figuring out that when you write a strictly instrumental piece of music, it is not simply a song without words. The second piece is just exquisite. He wrote it for a friend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cod_s5cE ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tZ8_IXE_Yc
"In times of trial, swearing often provides a solace denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
I.D.10-t
antispam: No

Post by I.D.10-t »

Cubitt wrote:Here's a different side of Ian,
Sorry, that was a bit of a joke, you would not believe the kind of outrage metalheads had when Jethro Tull beat metalica one year.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
Cubitt

Post by Cubitt »

I.D.10-t wrote:
Cubitt wrote:Here's a different side of Ian,
Sorry, that was a bit of a joke, you would not believe the kind of outrage metalheads had when Jethro Tull beat metalica one year.
Oh, I know and remember it well, and the only one who was more surprised by that silly win than me was Mr. Anderson, who has commented on it with a laugh more than once. I just took advantage of the moment to possibly introduce some music he has made for those who checked out after "Songs From The Wood" or maybe even "Aqualung."
smoro

Post by smoro »

Hi Gian Marco. It´s Serafin here, a pleasure to hear about you.
Well, I have a 6 keyed Watson flute. It is a customized model, not the standard one, with some modifications a asked Glen Watson to do in orden to suit my way of playing. As a consecuence of that I feel it is perfect in tune in the two first octaves and maybe not very easy to play in the third one. I mostly play Irish, Scottish and Breton music so it is perfect for me, I am not interested in the third octave usually.
I can give you more details about the customization if you are interested, using PM, I don´t want to bore the audience. :)
S.