I need help to buy a whistle for this song

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
CorvusA
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hi, I'm a newbie in this, I have 2 high whistles ( D and C ), and I'm very interested in this forum, I have many questions about the whistles.

I need help to buy a whistle for this song

Post by CorvusA »

Hi, first of all, I'm a newbie in this, I have only 2 tin whistle ( in D and C, Jerry Freeman Blackbirds). And I have a problem with the beggining of this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQlGAYzx7wY I recognize that is impossible play that with the high scale of the tin whistles, but I have heard how sounds a low whistle in D and I'm not convinced...maybe too low, then....maybe an "Alto" whistle??. what would be the correct type of whistle and the key to perform all that flute piece of the song?? THANKS!
kenny
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: I need help to buy a whistle for this song

Post by kenny »

I can play along with the first 30 seconds of that with a "D" whistle.
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"
CorvusA
Tell us something.: Hi, I'm a newbie in this, I have 2 high whistles ( D and C ), and I'm very interested in this forum, I have many questions about the whistles.

Post by CorvusA »

Yeah but has to be with a low whistle, those notes are in the low scale no?. Apart, the band has sent me a mail and they used an Alto recorder ( I know that the rcorders are very different but with a whistle is possible to play it as you have said). Then the question is...I have seen the "alto whistles in F" and I like very much that mix between a high whistle and a low whistle. Would be possible play the song with the alto whistle in G key? included the low scale notes?. Thanks.
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Post by Peter Duggan »

CorvusA wrote:Would be possible play the song with the alto whistle in G key? included the low scale notes?. Thanks.
Yes. It'll all fit comfortably.
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
CorvusA

Post by CorvusA »

Ok, thanks to all for the info!