Alternate Sources for Chris Norman CD's?

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
MikeS

Alternate Sources for Chris Norman CD's?

Post by MikeS »

Any suggestions on where, besides boxwood.org, I can order some Chris Norman CD's? I went to the Boxwood site today and found some things that disturbed me.

1. The site's SSL certificate expired two years ago. In the Pantheon of security sins this is a pretty minor player but it wasn't a good start.

2. They wanted my date of birth before I could complete an order. This is not information I really care to give out in order to make a purchase, particularly to a site that does not seem well administered.

3. When I tried to send an email to ask if there was an alternative to item #2, the "Contact Us" link was broken.

I don't want to sound crotchety and cranky but I found the aforementioned, plus the bad design and poor performance of the site pretty off-putting. If a bunch of you have bought from the site without problems I'd appreciate hearing about it. If anyone knows a good alternate source for the recordings I'd appreciate hearing about that as well. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
I'm asking you because you're an educated sort of swine. John LeCarre
hans
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been making whistles since 2010 in my tiny workshop at my home. I've been playing whistle since teenage times.

Re: Alternate Sources for Chris Norman CD's?

Post by hans »

groxburgh
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by groxburgh »

I have bought a CD from the site with no problems. You should let Chris know your concerns by emailing him at boxwoodfestival@mac.com

Cheers
Graeme
RudallRose

Post by RudallRose »

and why do you feel the need to put in your exact date of birth?
i never do
ChrisCracknell
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ChrisCracknell »

I too have bought CDs and Boxwood attendance from the site, but that was three years ago. I had no problems.
RudallRose

Post by RudallRose »

i've got Chris' first 'cassette' from waaaaay back.....and he was a great player even then.
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Yes, the first two Norman/Kolodner cassettes are fantastic. I scored them when they were long out of print at a Helicon solstice concert a few years ago. One may have been literally the last new copy available.

I've also ordered, fairly recently, from Boxwood without incident. Definitely didn't give my date of birth.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.