Flute lost. HELP!

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Jimbaab
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Flute lost. HELP!

Post by Jimbaab »

Hi all,
Have just returned from weekend shin dig where my beautifull Terry MacGee flute has been lost (or stolen)
State of mind ... devastated.
Wondering if house insurance may cover such an event.
Anyone know how best to go about this?
Cheers
james.
I'd like to help you out. Which way did you come in?
ImNotIrish
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Flute lost. HELP!

Post by ImNotIrish »

Sorry to hear about this. having just had an instrument stolen, I know how you must be feeling. Hope you fare better than I did.
Arbo
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

Oh dear. Poor you. Have you put it on the lost/stolen instruments forum here? If it is covered by insurance, you may well have to report it to the police as well and get an incident number. As for house insurance, some policies will cover you and some not. I was surprised to find that my house insurance covered my rather expensive bike which was badly damaged by my son falling off it when I lent it to him. Couldn't believe I'd get anything from that, so maybe there's hope there, but you'll undoubtedly have to go through the proper channels (see police incident number just referred to).

I'm assuming you've contacted the venue and let them know? What happened? Is it something where retracing steps may be of use?

I hope you get it back.
Jimbaab
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jimbaab »

Was at a weekend hillwalking/party at Killiecrankie Village Hall and climbing Schiehallion.
Somewhere in between the trip from Inverness to Killiecrankie to Schiehallion and back to Killiecrankie my beautiful flute has gone missing from the car I shared with two others.
It may have tumbled out unnoticed from amongst the gear
Or walked out of the car whilst door was open.
All speculation.
Boo Hoo!
I'd like to help you out. Which way did you come in?
plunk111
Tell us something.: Love playing trumpet and modern flute at church as well as Irish trad flute in a band. Been playing Irish trad and 18th century period music for about 15 years.

Post by plunk111 »

You might want to check your auto insurance, too.
Pat Plunkett, Wheeling, WV