Putting my large-holed R&R #3527 up for sale.

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
tstermitz
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Putting my large-holed R&R #3527 up for sale.

Post by tstermitz »

See the selling section.

This is a wonderful flute with a very warm & velvety tone. It was worked on by Pat Olwell, and there is minimal or no flat-foot syndrome.

I put up a bunch of photos at my photography site, including some interesting comparisons with a Large-holed Gallagher, and a Firth, Pond & son (the same one recently sold by Jayhawk.) You can see that the Gallagher has a rather larger hole #5, even though hole #4 is slightly smaller.

You can see photos at my SmugMug site where I compare four flutes with different hole sizes. #3527 is the reddish-brown one with large holes. The black one with large holes is a "large-holed" Gallagher Rudall flute which has hole #4 at 8.9mm, and hole #5 at 11.0mm. You can see that the Gallagher has a rather larger hole #5, even though hole #4 is slightly smaller.

https://www.photokinesis.info/Rudall-Rose-3527/
Jayhawk
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Re: Putting my large-holed R&R #3527 up for sale.

Post by Jayhawk »

I've sat next to Tom in session while he played this flute ... it's lovely both in looks and sound.

Eric