Now I've seen it all....

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Loren
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Okay, this takes the cake -

I just saw an Olwell Bamboo flute with a silver tuning slide (including the matching big silver strengthening bands - no bands on either head or foot of the flute though - just on the tuning slide jount). It was one of two flutes Ian Anderson brought with him for a televison appearance.

Now there's something I never would have thought of trying. So how much do you suppose that jacks the price up on one of Olwell's cane flutes?
Not likely mere mortals could get one anyway I'm guessing...

Loren
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

A big double chocolate raspberry tort with real whipcream filling.I guess someone had to tamper with a good idea.

And Loren----if you had ask how much --blah blah blah etc ad nauseum.

So where can we get one---hummmmmmmmm?

Mark
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
RudallRose

Post by RudallRose »

Which thing, exactly, do you think jacks up the price? The slide or Ian Anderson using Olwell flutes?
The slide probably will put it up somewhat, but not a lot. don't forget, you don't have to "turn" bamboo, just ream the inside.
Now, with Anderson using them now opens them up to a whole lot of different spectrum of players! That could make the price of poker a tad steeper.
but, of course, anderson's been playing Olwell flutes since his solo CD "Divinities"