SOLD--Copley Delrin D w/silver rings

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Akiba
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am an Irish flute player and whistler. I have been a member since 2007? This has been one of the most informative sites on Irish flute I have found.

SOLD--Copley Delrin D w/silver rings

Post by Akiba »

This a brand new Copley delrin D with the silver rings. Used it for a month and swabbed it out after each use. This is a solid flute with some of the best tuning I've found in any flute. Great for sessions, its tone cuts through well and I've played it at a couple of sessions, one with lots of musicians and bad accoustics and it still cut through. The flute is also quite thin and relatively light for a delrin flute. Plus, the headjoint tenon is very thin which makes the flute very tunable even though it does not have a metal slide--I played it pushed out a 1/2 inch + with absolutely no effect on tone production.

Bought from Doc at Irish Flute Store for $430 + shipping. Will sell for $420 including insured shipping (about a $20 savings). You can see pictures of the flute at Doc's site http://www.irishflutestore.com.

You can hear me play some clips on the flute at my webpage:
http://www.geocities.com/jpollack2000/JasonClips.html

I've decided to stick with my Casey Burns' Large Hole slideless in mopane and can't afford to have 2 flutes.

PM me if interested. Will accept USPS money order or PayPal +3.5%.

Jason
Last edited by Akiba on Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
greenspiderweb
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by greenspiderweb »

I've got one of these too, and I can't say enough good about it! It's got a great tone, very rich and expressive for a Delrin flute, and I love the embouchure cut-a rounded rectangle that is just so easy to play, and also easy to vary your tone if you want to. Oh yeah, it's got a great bottom end to it too-very much like a Pratten, and at the same time, a nice top end too. As Jason said, it's tuning is right on too.

It's not the lightest or smallest in diameter (guess it depends on your references), but I wouldn't change a thing on it-it is one of the best I've played yet, and I've had most Delrin flutes to compare it with.

Anyway, it's a good flute and at a good price-hard to go wrong with this one! You don't need the real silver rings, but it does look classy with them!
~~~~
Barry
greenspiderweb
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by greenspiderweb »

And if you want someone with more experience giving a rousing recommendation for this flute (and you should) take a look here:

http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php?t=57100
~~~~
Barry