Flute Books

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
musicnet
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by musicnet »

Are there any beginning and intermediate level Flute books that has scales, technical stuff (rhythm), and etudes, and moves at a faster pace? Simply put: I am looking for one book that has it all. I've used many books for one student. Help!!
Klarinet
hmartley
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hi, I wanted to post my whistle that’s for sale. I hope this is OK, I haven’t posted for a long time.

Post by hmartley »

You could use the big Taffanel book for an intermediate going on advanced student - not for a beginner though. They might get scared, seeing a 3-pound oversize hardback book of scales, etudes, solos and orchestral excerpts. The advantage of the book is that you can use it your whole life. I looked on the Flute World website and did not see it though. Perhaps the large volume isn't available anymore? You'd have to contact them to see. I did see Taffanel & Gaubert Method Complete de Flute Vols 1 and 2 (grades 1-3).

Heather
Wizzer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Wizzer »

The book is available at
http://www.southernmusic.com/index.html
Is this bood directed at a classical keyed flute or keyless flute.
Is it good for both?
hmartley
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hi, I wanted to post my whistle that’s for sale. I hope this is OK, I haven’t posted for a long time.

Post by hmartley »

Taffanel Method Complet de Flute $77.00

It is for classical (Boehm) flutists. It wouldn't be useful for trad flute.

I can't give you any advice for good trad flute method books - sorry!

Heather