Wooden Flute Makers List

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
jemtheflute
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Wooden Flute Makers List

Post by jemtheflute »

eilam wrote:grinters site down?
Yes, seems to be. I haven't time right now to go surfing to see if there's a new one elsewhere.... or maybe the old one will reappear in a while..... It was still live within the last month or so as I browsed it some time in May.

Thanks for the Murray link, Mr_Blackwood - nice new site!

I'm afraid I still haven't done the now very necessary comprehensive update! :oops:
I respect people's privilege to hold their beliefs, whatever those may be (within reason), but respect the beliefs themselves? You gotta be kidding!

My YouTube channel
My FB photo albums
Low Bb flute: 2 reels (audio)
Flute & Music Resources - helpsheet downloads
jemtheflute

Post by jemtheflute »

Full update of the running version of The List now available. About a dozen additions/important updates.
I respect people's privilege to hold their beliefs, whatever those may be (within reason), but respect the beliefs themselves? You gotta be kidding!

My YouTube channel
My FB photo albums
skyspirit
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by skyspirit »

Thanks for all the work on this.

:)
Learning how to learn....my music teacher
Lars Larry Mór Mott
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Lars Larry Mór Mott »

Yeah good job! :)
the artist formerly known as Mr_Blackwood
MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

jemtheflute wrote:Full update of the running version of The List now available. About a dozen additions/important updates.
Nice, Jem. On behalf of the board and Mods, thank you. :)
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
LorenzoFlute

Post by LorenzoFlute »

:)
Antique 6 key French flute for sale: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=102436

youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/LorenzoFlute
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Thanks a lot, Jem. :)
eilam
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by eilam »

jem, thank you so much...i use your list quite often...just to see what makers are doing.
smoro
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by smoro »

Great job!
Maybe you´d like to update the site "Hevia, Parrado y Aragón". They are back again but only as "Aragon y Parrado". Check the new site:
http://www.ar-pa.com/arpa/inicio.html

Thanks!
jemtheflute

Post by jemtheflute »

smoro wrote:Great job!
Maybe you´d like to update the site "Hevia, Parrado y Aragón". They are back again but only as "Aragon y Parrado". Check the new site:
http://www.ar-pa.com/arpa/inicio.html

Thanks!
Thanks for that smoro - done.

My YouTube channel
My FB photo albums
Viking of Kiev
Tell us something.: The nick is outdated, I'd been living in Kiev for 13 years but now I am located in St.Petersburg, Russia.

Post by Viking of Kiev »

Also, some updates could be made for
Francois Baubet - he's now at www.francoisbaubet.com
Arie de Keyzer - http://www.pipesandflutes.ie/

And, a friend of mine from France told me positively about a French flute maker who is not here in this list, it is
Eric Juilleret http://www.ericjuilleret.com/
jemtheflute

Post by jemtheflute »

Thanks for the info, VoK, but please note this kind of suggestion should be e-mailed or pm-ed to me, not posted here.

More generally, I apologise that I am way overdue to update the active version of The List - thanks to all those who have sent me info. Also a reminder that I cannot in any way amend the OP of this thread. The fact that many listings in the OP are now out of date or defunct is indeed a problem which I need to address with Dale and the mods when I get a chance and have a full update prepared.

My YouTube channel
My FB photo albums
jemtheflute

Post by jemtheflute »

At long last ( :oops: ) I have managed to do a thorough check and update to the running version of The List. There are several new inclusions, some notable status changes (sites apparently defunct since the last update and not traceably replaced include: Sam Murray, Eugene Lambe, Marcus Hernon), several updated links and a couple of additions to the dealers section. My thanks to folk who have made suggestions. As ever, please do contact me by pm or e-mail if you find any faults/duff links or have additions to propose.

My YouTube channel
My FB photo albums
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

jemtheflute wrote:At long last ( :oops: ) I have managed to do a thorough check and update to the running version of The List. There are several new inclusions, some notable status changes (sites apparently defunct since the last update and not traceably replaced include: Sam Murray, Eugene Lambe, Marcus Hernon), several updated links and a couple of additions to the dealers section. My thanks to folk who have made suggestions. As ever, please do contact me by pm or e-mail if you find any faults/duff links or have additions to propose.
What's wrong with Marcus Hernon's site? http://www.marcushernon.com/ . Updates on there since the Joe Heaney festival in May 2013.
jemtheflute

Post by jemtheflute »

kkrell wrote:
jemtheflute wrote:At long last ( :oops: ) I have managed to do a thorough check and update to the running version of The List. There are several new inclusions, some notable status changes (sites apparently defunct since the last update and not traceably replaced include: Sam Murray, Eugene Lambe, Marcus Hernon), several updated links and a couple of additions to the dealers section. My thanks to folk who have made suggestions. As ever, please do contact me by pm or e-mail if you find any faults/duff links or have additions to propose.
What's wrong with Marcus Hernon's site? http://www.marcushernon.com/ . Updates on there since the Joe Heaney festival in May 2013.
Not working for me where I am at present (Spain). I checked all the links by clicking on them and that one wouldn't work, nor did a websearch bring it up as current, only marked "cached" and won't load..... Will recheck when home next week.

My YouTube channel
My FB photo albums