Hard Cases

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
RudallRose

Post by RudallRose »

Doskocil, the gun-case maker whose neat small case is great for Rudall-style 5-piece flutes (Copley provides them) has now come out with a slightly larger case that will happily hold the Pratten-style solid body (keyed or not!).
It's called the DoskoSport case. And costs about $8
I just bought mine at a sporting goods place here in Denver (called Galyan's) for my Pratten original.
Visit their website if you've not ever seen a Doskocil case. They're fantastic. I own three now (small ones for my Rudalls and now a sport for my Pratten, doubling for my Olwell when that goes outside).
They're better than any case on the market and the price is terrific!
ChrisLaughlin
antispam: No

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

Hi David,
Could you please be a litle more specific about which model DoskoSport case this is? I did a search for DoskoSport and google comes up with at least ten models.
Thanks,
Chris
RudallRose

Post by RudallRose »

Chris:
Didn't realize there were more. Okay, well I fished from the trash the little card that was attached to the case. It is made by DoskoSport and is called the "Gun Guard Special Edition". It also calls it the "Single Scoped Pistol/Accessory Case"
Wow....that's kinda scary. Anyway...
Outer dimension on the card are 13.5 x 5 x 2.5
The inner dimensions show it as 13 x 9.5 x 2.5 (the larger 9.5 probably is to account for the cut-away for the handle outside)
there's a number on the card that might be a model number? Anyway, it's 450326
The phone number is 1-888-70SPORT and the website it shows is http://www.gunguard.com
I just visited the site and the case was not in its "special edition" area.

http://www.fyfer-restorations.com
"Bringing Yesterday's Flutes to Today's Players"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: David Migoya on 2002-08-07 00:17 ]</font>
ChrisLaughlin
antispam: No

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

Thanks David! That's great.
Best,
Chris