It is currently Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:10 am 

2018 Sam Murray 6-Key flute for sale. This flute is priced to sell as I will be in receipt of a Solen Lesouef flute next week. Low D is strong and in tune.

Recordings of this flute are available on several tracks at https://adrianconnollymusic.bandcamp.com/releases (free download)

From McNeela music site: "Sam Murray is celebrated the world over for the quality and craftsmanship of his superior flutes. This custom made premium African Blackwood traditional six-keyed flute. The tone is powerful but also beautifully balanced and sweet with that all-important strong low D and its light weight makes it a delight to handle.

Made from rare African Blackwood, a fine and dense wood, and finished with sterling silver rings and keys, its high-end finish complements its superb sound. With loads of volume it's ideal in a fast session. The embouchure is such that the flute is easy to fill and keep filled, promoting an ease of sustained play without exhausting your lungs."

If you have any queries, or would like any more information please do not hesitate to contact me on 00447964825327

Photos available at:

https://www.donedeal.ie/brassandwind-fo ... e/25564004

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:48 am 

Hi - "kenny" here again. Just out of curiousity, we had a discussion here recently about the name stamped on Sam Murray's flutes. There seemed to be 3 options - "Murray", "Murraeus" and "Muraeus". There does appear to be a name stamped on the barrel section as seen in the photo, but I can't make it out. Is it any of these 3 ?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:18 pm 

kenny wrote:
Hi - "kenny" here again. Just out of curiousity, we had a discussion here recently about the name stamped on Sam Murray's flutes. There seemed to be 3 options - "Murray", "Murraeus" and "Muraeus". There does appear to be a name stamped on the barrel section as seen in the photo, but I can't make it out. Is it any of these 3 ?

Hi Kenny - it is stamped 'Muraeus'
You will see a close up of this on the Sam Murray section of the McNeela music website

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:20 am 

Thanks for sating my curiousity Adrian. Hope that you get a sale soon.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:51 pm 

Flute is now sold