Time to get ready for my hamilton!!

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
MurphyStout
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by MurphyStout »

My new Hamilton(keyless Blackwood D) will be here in about five months. I've taught, or rather tried to teach myself to play the flute and I've been playing now for over half a year. My embouchure is good, tone is decent, and speed is as good as to be expected. But I'm certain I've picked up some bad habits along the way. So I thought while college is out for the summer and soccer doesn't start up again for about 3 more months, I was interested in finding a flute teacher to help me advance from a beginner/novice to a intermediate. I live in the Sierra Nevadas east of Placerville and I was wondering if there are any irish flute teachers in the area. I can travel as far as Sacramento, and the Bay Area for lessons. I should mention that I will pay for lessons. By the way, does anyone have any good exercises for making the right hand ring finger stretch more bearable for a normal gripper like me.(nonpiper). Thanks for all your help, you guys are awesome.
Jack Murphy
p.s. thank god for tax returns: )
Conal O Grada

Post by Conal O Grada »

Hello Jack
You might be interested in checking out the on-line lessons I run at http://www.scoiltrad.com
If you need any further informatio just contact me off-list.
Beir Bua
Conal
P.S.....it might be a coincidence but I also play a Hammilton and also drink Murphys stout !!!
MurphyStout

Post by MurphyStout »

Conal,
Thanks for the offer but I would rather find a tutor that I can sit down with face to face. If I can't I probably take the offer up. But I'm going to hold out and try to find a teacher in the area. There must be someone in the area, and I know there are people in the bay area but I just can't find them. Anyways back to the top and I'll hope to catch one.
Jack Murphy