Irish Flue Prattern model for Sale

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Luife

Irish Flue Prattern model for Sale

Post by Luife »

Hi friends!

I´m Luis from Spain. I want to sell my Irish Flute. It´s a Prattern model in D, in Granadillo wood with silver rings, tunning slide and great sound an volume. The flute it´s made by the makers of ARHPA (the company of the famous bagpiper called Hevia, you will find them in www.arhpa.com). They are good maker with a good work in the uilleann pipe and irish flute world.

The flute is only 4 months old, but I decide I´m not a transversal flute-player. The original price was 750 euros with a hard-suitcaso for trasport. I sell the flute for 600 euros.

If anyone is interested, please write me to: notelodigo62@hotmail.com

I can send photos or sound samples.

Thanks!!

Luife
glinjack

Post by glinjack »

i love those granadillo pratterns, does the prattern come with the suitcase,
Sylvester
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Sylvester »

Just a quick note to avoid confusion, I think that Granadillo is the Spanish word for African Blackwood. Not an expert but definitely not the same wood. This is African Blackood most ARHPA flutes are made out of:

And this is Granadillo wood:

Arhpa flutes are good players, skillfuly handcrafted and carefully tuned. Volume and pure tone, good bark for sessions. They are a bit more expensive now, around 900 USD including tax. Good luck with the sale

Regards
Reel
Asturian Air

Audare est Facere
Loren
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

I've yet to run across one of these in the states, pity as they do appear to be well made and I'd love to have a go at one sometime.

Loren
Luife

Post by Luife »

My Dear Friend:

The flute is in African Blackwood, the typicall wood for bagpipes, clarinets, oboes, etc..... In Spain, we use the word "granadillo" for make a difference with the other black wood, the ebony. The granadillo is stronger and the ebony is sweet.

My flute includes hard suitcase and free-shipment. It´s really a new flute. Only 4 months old. I sell it because I´m really bad in the world of transversal flutes, and I want to buy a good whistle.

I think it´s a good oportunity. You can get a new flute for less price, without waiting list, and with the good work of the ARHPA makers.

Thanks for your questions!

Luife
dow
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by dow »

Good luck with the sale, Luife,

By the way, the link to that website is messed up. Try this one:

http://www.arhpa.com/
Dow Mathis ∴
Boerne, TX
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently motivated fool.
Leel
Tell us something.: Hi All - I am a Celtic music performer with a band called Beyond the Heather, located in the Lawrence, KS/Kansas City area. I sing, play whistles, SSP and bodharan. I've been a C&F member since 2003 but haven't posted much recently.

Post by Leel »

What a FANTASTIC website.

Very artistic in its own right.

I wish I had that kind of money to spend, the flute is beautiful also.

Good luck.
Hoovorff

Post by Hoovorff »

"Grenadilla" IS the word used by most makers of clarinets, oboes, and wooden piccolos. That's what they call African blackwood. Nothing incorrect about calling it such.
Sylvester

Post by Sylvester »

Loren wrote:I've yet to run across one of these in the states, pity as they do appear to be well made and I'd love to have a go at one sometime.

Loren
Everything comes to whom who waits. I'm picking these guys to launch a Flute Tour and they seem to be considering the option.

I also have a ebony ARHPA with a fine collection of cracks. Too hot and dry down here. I should send it for a repair, doesn't deserve that condition.
Reel
Asturian Air

Audare est Facere
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Sylvester wrote:
Loren wrote:I've yet to run across one of these in the states, pity as they do appear to be well made and I'd love to have a go at one sometime.

Loren
Everything comes to whom who waits. I'm picking these guys to launch a Flute Tour and they seem to be considering the option.

I also have a ebony ARHPA with a fine collection of cracks. Too hot and dry down here. I should send it for a repair, doesn't deserve that condition.
A wise man indeed Sylvester, thanks for that bit of information, would be nice if they did a flute tour.

Actually, I wouldn't be an instrument maker myself, or play the flute, or even the whistle, if it weren't for Hevia (long story, and no, I don't know the man), so I find this particularly interesting.

Judging by what I've seen on the website, they seem to have a pretty nice shop set-up as well.

Loren
Luife

Price

Post by Luife »

My Dear Friends:

Some people ask to me about the price of the flute in the web-page. If you enter to www.arhpa.com you wil see that the price of a Prattern flute in D is 660 euros. It was the old price, the web is not updated. Other items like uilleann pipes, asturian bagpipes or dulzainas are with the old price.

The actual price for a Prattern flute in D in Spain is 750 euros with the hard suitcase. You can ask to the makers directly. Irish flutes in C are about 900 euros If I remember.

So I think the price I´m offering for my flute is very good. You can save 150 euros and you don´t have to wait for the flute (I sell my flute for 600 euros with free-shipment).

Thanks for your atention :DDD

Luife
Sylvester

Post by Sylvester »

Actually, I wouldn't be an instrument maker myself, or play the flute, or even the whistle, if it weren't for Hevia (long story, and no, I don't know the man), so I find this particularly interesting.
Are you kidding me? I love long stories...
Irish flutes in C are about 900 euros If I remember.
That's correct. I couldn't try one. All of them quickly sold.
Reel
Asturian Air

Audare est Facere
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

The Music Room used to offer these flutes here in the UK, about a year ago, for around £550. I think they went by the name of "Hevia y Paragon"? Sadly, I never got to see one or try one (the Oxford branch didn't carry them, it was mail-order only from one of their northern branches I think).
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
Sylvester

Post by Sylvester »

GaryKelly wrote:The Music Room used to offer these flutes here in the UK, about a year ago, for around £550. I think they went by the name of "Hevia y Paragon"? Sadly, I never got to see one or try one (the Oxford branch didn't carry them, it was mail-order only from one of their northern branches I think).
Yep, the full name is Hevia Aragon y Parrado, so they fancied the shorter name ARHPA
Reel
Asturian Air

Audare est Facere
Luife

Photos of the flute

Post by Luife »

Hi Friends!.

Here I submit some photos of my Prattern model. I hope you will like it.