Any concert flautists out there?

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
gemm84
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by gemm84 »

I have a Yamaha, too, it's open-holed. Which number is the number of the flute? There's a number on the head, which is 925 and one on the joint on the body where the head is fitted, and that's 385II. Whichever. I play flute in my high school band. I also play the piccolo, I have an Armstrong piccolo. I had a Gemeinhardt before, a student model, but it got stolen. Stolen from my CATHOLIC ELEMENTARY SCHOOL! Can you BELIEVE some people??? So then I got a Yamaha. It's nice to see there are other concert flute people here, that's very cool.
thurlowe

Post by thurlowe »

Hi there,

My modern flute is a Yamaha 581, a very nice flute, though not so nice as Madeleine's 671. It's been my instrument for almost 15 years: an open holed, in-line G, B-foot model with solid silver body and plated keys. My challenge was to adapt it to Irish music three years ago. I discovered that you can slide from an "A" to a "B" on an open holed flute. Also, C-natural rolls are MUCH easier and impressive on modern flute than on keyless! I still use it for many tunes in A minor, like "Star of Munster" and "Pipe on the Hob."

Cara

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: thurlowe on 2002-05-19 15:35 ]</font>
Jo C

Post by Jo C »

Hi,
I play a not very good Trevor J James. I would love a good Yamaha or Buffet, but unfortunately, I can't afford it.
I use my flute mainly for jazz - I play very little classical, and wouldn't describe myself as a 'concert flautist' at all!
Jo.
Dave Parkhurst

Post by Dave Parkhurst »

Oh no.... I played the Jupiter again, and a Pearl and a Jupiter alto....is there a flute version of WhOA? I am in deep doo-doo.....