going completely over the edge

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Dave Parkhurst
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dave Parkhurst »

Well, I went and did it. I purchased a used Emerson concert flute. Lord, what's next? Anyone got any hinters for someone wandering blindly into the arena of concert flutes? I got this one for only $100 and it plays great, but any suggestions for when I upgrade?
kittythorn

Post by kittythorn »

On 2002-04-24 00:48, Dave Parkhurst wrote:
Well, I went and did it. I purchased a used Emerson concert flute. Anyone got any hinters for someone wandering blindly into the arena of concert flutes? I got this one for only $100 and it plays great, but any suggestions for when I upgrade?
Oh, great flutes, Emersons. I had one for a while. It worked great, and I only had one problem with it. Is yours a student model?

Wait a bit to upgrade. When your abilities outgrow your flute, get another, better one(or, if sooner, when the thing breaks down. But that probably won't happen for a long time).
Sing and make music in your heart to
the Lord, always giving thanks to God
the Father for everything, in the name
of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Ephesians 5:19-20
Dave Parkhurst
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dave Parkhurst »

I'm not sure... the serial number is E84513, and under that is a 1. It's a closed hole model (wow, I didn't realize how much I liked doing slurs until I couldn't do one). It looks to be a silver or nickel plating over another metal (nickel?). Thanks for the advice...I will take it to heart!
dave
kittythorn

Post by kittythorn »

Dave,
Sent you a private message.
kitty
Sing and make music in your heart to
the Lord, always giving thanks to God
the Father for everything, in the name
of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Ephesians 5:19-20