flute restoration

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
celt5
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by celt5 »

Hi everyone,this is my first time posting to this board.

Anyway, I just put a downpayment on an antique rosewood flute that I found in an antique shop. It sounds really lovely, but does need some work. (it has some cracks and needs new pads). Can anyone recommend someone who can do these repairs? I would be especially gratefull if anybody knows of someone in the greater Cincinnati area.

Thanks a lot!
rich
i see what you did there
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by rich »

He's not in Cincinatti, but one sure bet is David Migoya. He's a regular participant on the woodenflute mailing list, and I'm expecting a flute in the mail from him myself any day now. Reported to do outstanding work (although I've not had him do restoration work, myself) and friendly and reliable and all that as well. Contact info and such (and some beautiful instruments!) is available from <a href="http://www.home.earthlink.net/~migoya/">his website</a>.
<ul>-Rich</ul>

(Oh, bother. Says on the website he's not accepting any new work at the moment, but would give estimates for when he'll start again, or offer referrals. Taking advantage of the referral part might be useful, though.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rich on 2001-07-30 15:17 ]</font>