Jessie's Hamilton flute...

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
eskin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by eskin »

I bought Jessie's Hamilton keyless flute that she had up for sale. What a great instrument, big sound, big holes, comfortable in the hands, great workmanship, very responsive. Takes everything I can throw at it and doesn't complain or hesitate.

One question, the upper body joint cork is a tiny bit tight for my tastes, I've heard of lightly sanding cork, but was curious what the rest of you would do. When I received the instrument, I gave it a good oiling, including greasing the corks with cork grease, perhaps it swelled a bit much...

Cheers,

Michael
Loren
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Michael,

You're lucky I didn't have the money, I wanted that flute and would have beaten you to it :smile:

Hammy's flutes sure have personality, don't they? Very masculine flutes, if you know what I mean.

Well, enjoy it you Lucky dog, and let me know if you ever decide to part with that flute.

Loren
ChrisLaughlin
antispam: No

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

Hi Michael,
Send Hammy an e-mail - hammy@tinet.ie. He's quite active on-line and will likely respond promptly. He a great guy, a great musician and a fantastic instrument maker. He'll be happy to hear from you.
Best,
Chris