Flute Geezers

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
CraigMc

Post by CraigMc »

I thought some of you may be interested in this.

http://216.83.168.252/flute%20geezers/

I pulled these down and have been listening to these all day. There was much discussion about these on woodenflute.com. It was super cool that these were posted as there is no other way to get them. They were recorded off some unknown worn tape.

Quality is not the best but I just can't get enough of this..

Hardcore puredrop! :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CraigMc on 2002-02-01 19:15 ]</font>
ChrisLaughlin
antispam: No

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

Yes! This is awesome and is EXACTLY what those really interested in learning to play (including myself) should be listening to! I heard about this on the woodenflute.com list as well and I've been listening to it non-stop.
Chris
CraigMc

Post by CraigMc »

Chris,

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets stoked off of hearing a bad recording of a bunch of old farts that have completely mastered their instruments! :smile:
Eldarion
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Eldarion »

Yup good stuff to listen to. I copied all of them onto CD format and have been listening to it pretty often too..
RudallRose

Post by RudallRose »

It's a great compilation.
Someone (can't recall whom) sent me the CD of this last year and every once in a while I give it a listen. Good stuff.
Now, if someone would start reissuing the John McKenna recordings! That would be fun.
By the way....last night got to hear Frankie Gavin give a small concert here......and the altitude/dryness killed him.....he played one air on the flute (I'll find out what type keyless flute he plays....we're hooking up today for a few tunes together) and a short set on the Bb Generation whistle.
Still.....someone probably forgot to tell him to oil that flute and use Blistex before getting onto a Colorado stage!.....he's quite the showman....very sprite and funny as a solo act.
SteveK

Post by SteveK »

Wow. Great stuff. Thanks for posting that address.

Steve
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Wow!

There is hope for this geezer --going on 56. I have been playing whistle for nine years but only bought my flute a year ago.

There is hope! It's out there. These geezers have become my heroes.

Thanks Craig for this life supporting post and link.

Mark
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Jens_Hoppe

Post by Jens_Hoppe »

I finally got a chance to hear these recordings. Great stuff, I must say!

:smile:
Jens
BrianW

Post by BrianW »

I'm getting a "File not found" error message when I try to pull this site up. Any suggestions?

I appreciate the help.
Jens_Hoppe

Post by Jens_Hoppe »

Sorry, no suggestion. I also noticed yesterday that the files aren't there anymore, but I had downloaded them when the link originally appeared...

Perhaps someone who downloaded them can make them available online? (sorry, I don't have the space necessary).
ErikT
antispam: No

Post by ErikT »

I looked at the entire directory structure for the site, and they no longer exist there anywhere (as far as I can tell - they could be in a hidden directory). It appears that the owners have removed them; why I can only guess - copyright?, disk space?, etc.

Erik
biliii

Post by biliii »