Bleazey Flutes....

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
IrishBen
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by IrishBen »

Has anyone played or own a Bleazey Rudal style flute and if so what are they like?
Ben
wildwillow

Post by wildwillow »

a friend of mine has a bleazy flute, and i'm sorry to say i think it's horrible. it hasn't got a very good tone, it's out of tune and it just isn't made well. she's learning the flute and i can't say it's helping her along her way.
Phil Bleazey

Post by Phil Bleazey »

I am sorry to hear wildwillows comments about one of my instruments and have offered to put it right for her friend. It is always best to talk to the maker if you can as most of us will bend over backwards to help when someone is having problems

When returning an instrument it is helpfull to send a good explanation of all the points which are giving trouble, such as which notes are out of tune and the fingering you are using. Don't forget to use stout packing and insured post.
Ben

Post by Ben »

I have a Bleazey Boxwood Flute. Very plain, It has a lovely sweet tone but try as I might I can't get it in tune in the upper octave - Tends to be sharp on d1 and then flat on g1 a1 and b1. Pity as the first octave is fine and the over all tone is very sweet.
dcopley
antispam: No

Post by dcopley »

Ben, have you tried adjusting the position of the tuning cork in the head joint? From what you describe, it sounds like moving the cork a small amount toward the embouchure hole could help.

Dave Copley
Loveland, Ohio
Ben

Post by Ben »

Thanks Dave, I will give it a go.
dcopley

Post by dcopley »

As I realized after I had submitted my previous reply, the first thing I should have suggested is that you contact Phil Bleazey and get his recommendation before you go much further.

Dave Copley
Loveland, Ohio
psychih
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by psychih »

anyone on the board have a bleazey blackwood? please comment? :smile:
Phil Bleazey

Post by Phil Bleazey »

Ben,

I will give the same service to all of my customers,all it will cost to have me check out the tuning of your flute is the postage.It sometimes helps wooden instruments to go home for a little holiday.If you can come with it the visit will be all the more fruitful.( Cathie makes really good coffee)

Phil Bleazey