Flutist's Elbow anyone?

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
IrishBen
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by IrishBen »

I recently went to my Doctor with a complaint of the outside of my right elbow being fairly sore a great deal of the time. He asked me if I did any repetitive motion activities. I don't but he is thinking holding my right elbow at at 90 degree angle for 1 + hours per day could be my problem ( that is when I'm playing the Flute). Has anyone else run into this and if so what have you done?
Ben

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IrishBen on 2002-01-28 21:52 ]</font>
croberts

Post by croberts »

Hi Ben,

I've noticed the same thing after playing a Boehm piccolo, but not on larger flutes or simple system piccolos.

Chris Roberts
DaveAuty
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play the whistle, I used to play flute but have Dupuytren's contracture so can only play whistle now which is fine. Mostly play sessions around Canterbury Kent area.

Post by DaveAuty »

Hi Ben,

I sometimes get an ache in my shoulder and jaw...I am sure it is my posture. Now I consciously relax my upper body and neck region, This seems to help me.

Dave.