Blue Star Radio

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
CraigMc

Post by CraigMc »

You guys need to check out this site out. It streaming Irish Flute music on the web. I found this on the M&E site.http://homepage.tinet.ie/~mandeflutes/B ... /index.htm
Mark_J
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Mark_J »

That's real sweet.

All seven links connect to "under construction" pages; then give it a minute and it crashes all my browser windows.
ChrisLaughlin
antispam: No

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

Or, in my case, you go to the link and the RealPlayer box up top plays beautiful flute music as played by Michael Cronnoly, without a hitch whatsoever.
Thank you,
Chris
Lady Whistler

Post by Lady Whistler »

Beautiful music. Thanks

LW
ChrisLaughlin

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

Craig, this is indeed awesome!!! I've been listening to it for about an hour now and it's just fantastic! I think I'll post it in the whistle thread as well if you don't mind. I think a lot of folks could do well to hear this kind of music.
Best,
Chris
Mark_J

Post by Mark_J »

On 2002-01-29 10:08, ChrisLaughlin wrote:
Or, in my case, you go to the link and the RealPlayer box up top plays . . .
Hence my problem. I couldn't even see that it was Real Player. Thanks Chris.
But since I'm writing about RealPlayer...

After I installed Real Player, nothing else would make a peep (which includes MediaPlayer, Sound Recorder, Music Studio (100 track recording program that does nearly everything), and even games; and my CD player only played through it's headphone jack). They played no sound what-so-ever. It took me 8 weeks talking to tech support for Compaq (who knew nothing), Aureal(who knew nothing), and some other company provided no help. I got every driver from every company and download.com, but got no sound other than Real Player. I scraped through every system settings and for the multimedia properties-devices (which said that my audio devices were "enabled but inactive for some unknown reason," I'd love to thank the programmer for that lovely bit of help). After giving up all hope, I downloaded the 30 day trial version of Yamaha XG-50 software which fixed everything. Installing Real Player cost me $50 US to fix the dammage it did to my (admittedly crappy) computer and sound card drivers. As a result, I will never hear anything on Real Media on my computer. Even if it is lovely flute playing from M.C. or anyone else.

. . . I feel better now.

Mark
ChrisLaughlin

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

Doh! That sucks!
Chris
CraigMc

Post by CraigMc »

Post on Chris!

I noticed too after a while that there was some nice whistle tunes.

Here is another for Flute that I found.

http://www.scottish-irish.com/streams/flute.html

And if any of you are interested in hearing some of Danu's new album, there is some of it on this site. I read about this on the woodenflute list. http://www.wfuv.org/ Click on WFUV Archives and scroll down to the drop down menu that's called Choose a Show and click on "A Thousand Welcomes" and lastly click on the January 20, 2002.

Enjoy!

p.s. Mark_J,

This last one plays on my Media Player so try that one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CraigMc on 2002-01-29 14:35 ]</font>
ChrisLaughlin

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

Excellent indeed!