Old Flute Dealers

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
radcliff
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: in two words, Rudall & Rose. but since a minimum of 100 characters is required, I should list a number of makers I found extremely interesting… I don't even know how much are 100 characters...

Old Flute Dealers

Post by radcliff »

Some years ago Mr McGee gives me the phone of an English Dealers of old instruments, but I have lost it. as well I lost a web address of a french site about old instruments that contains some interesant flutes.........
:) so, fluters of all the world : did you have some good links of old dealers on web??
thanks
Frank
Steampacket
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Steampacket »

Well recently on wooden flute there was some discussion of Paul Davis - the Rudall man. Paul has passed away though.
RudallRose

Post by RudallRose »

Yes, Paul died a couple years ago. No one's sure what's become of his flutes. I believe Andrew Pickering knew him well.

His alias, "The Rudall Guy," is now taken up by Patsy Maloney, who lives in the UK. Nice fellow, if not a tad paranoid. He has many Rudalls, but will not sell any on-line or on-phone. You must visit him to get a look and a toot -- and a purchase. Kevin Crawford is an old friend of Patsy and his brother.

The other dealer, more well known as he's got a shop, is Tony Bingham.
Can't think of his email or phone number at the moment, but I can provide off list with a private email reminder. Tony sometimes has Rudalls and other fine flutes.

Hope this helps