2 flutes for sale

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
madfifer9
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

2 flutes for sale

Post by madfifer9 »

I have not been playing my flutes at all lately, and I think they might do someone else more good than they are doing me. Please send me a private message for more info.

Dixon 3 pc polymer keyless in D, no case - $175.00

Ormiston 5 pc blackwood keyless in D, wooden case, $850.00

Prices are not including shipping costs. Your choice of domestic shipping with insurance. International shipping, we can figure something out, probably postal service.

Edited to add: I don't have any pics currently, but here is the link to Ormiston's website. http://www.ormistonflutes.fsnet.co.uk/ The flute I have is similar to the one on the front page, the first keyless one. It has the C foot, and does not have any of the fancy engraving on the silver. The case looks like the ones on the page, but is plain pale wood, looks like maple or pine.

Linda S.
madfifer9
Last edited by madfifer9 on Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When whistles are outlawed, only outlaws will have whistles!
Jayhawk
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Post by Jayhawk »

I'm not sure about the Ormiston, but Linda's offering a great price on that Dixon!

Sorry to hear you're leaving the fluter's world... :cry:

Are you still fifing and will you drop by and visit us sometimes?

Eric
Dana

Post by Dana »

Please check your PMs.
Grixxly

Post by Grixxly »

I was wondering, did you get some kind of special options for the Ormiston?

Thanks,
Tony
madfifer9

Dixon sold

Post by madfifer9 »

Don't worry, Eric, I don't plan to give up fifing anytime soon! And I am still whistling. If I go back to flute, I may buy a Casey Burns, I was really impressed with them.

The price on the Dixon is good because I got a good price on it when I bought it! It is currently in the process of being sold.

Linda S.
When whistles are outlawed, only outlaws will have whistles!
Jayhawk
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Post by Jayhawk »

That's good news on two fronts!
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Seems like a fair price on the Ormiston, too. I have a 4-key I paid about $1300 for new 5-6 years ago, and from the wait list it looks like George has gotten more awareness since then. And no wonder -- mine's a darned nice flute. Very forgiving, nice easy reach, excellent tuning, and smallish finger holes. Rock-solid low register, sweet high register. I have trouble finding much character in the middle register, but that's probably me. Overall, a flute that'll take you easily from beginner to quite advanced with no problem. In fact, I've been playing mine again recently since the other flute's touring Ireland, and am finding I can push it even farther than I thought.

Also, since George post-mounts his keys, he might be able to put some keys on for you later. He told me he could put a long F-nat key on mine, no problem.

But that's only my opinion. Although I have been falling off a lot lately. ;-)
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.