received my new flute

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
michael_coleman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play the first flute Jon Cochran ever made but haven't been very active on the board the last 9-10 years. Life happens I guess...I owned a keyed M&E flute for a while and I kind of miss it.

received my new flute

Post by michael_coleman »

Just thought I'd tell everyone I just received my new african blackwood 5 keyed flute. It was made in Spain in the French style. It has a wonderful sweet tone, all the keys work wonderfully, great reaction and I got it for only $250. I still can't believe it. Here's the picture again. I am drooling.

Last edited by michael_coleman on Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jayhawk
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Post by Jayhawk »

:o Wow! She's a beauty! That's the flute I came oh so close to buying. It sounds like I made a big mistake and you got a great deal.

Congratulations!

Eric
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Michael, what constitutes French style? And is it a newly-made flute? (I know you said "new", but you know how it is...)
michael_coleman
Tell us something.: I play the first flute Jon Cochran ever made but haven't been very active on the board the last 9-10 years. Life happens I guess...I owned a keyed M&E flute for a while and I kind of miss it.

Post by michael_coleman »

If only I knew.....

Actually from what I've heard and now experienced in the difference between my M&E and this flute is the french style flute's bore is smaller. The holes are smaller, it sounds sweeter, and is a bit quieter. It also takes less air.

I have no idea when it was made, I am guessing by the wear on the keys (which is probably not a good indication in fact I know it isn't, but I move on) probably in the past 10 years.