Rudall on eBay

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
RudallRose

Rudall on eBay

Post by RudallRose »

Too, there's a nice Rudall & Rose on eBay. It has post mounts, which is different, and the cool tooled caps on the crown and foot!
Be warned....the patent head on this one apparently is stuck. Tough to fix, so figure another few hundred to have a new head made.
It's at:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=10183
David Levine
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by David Levine »

For a new head joint and barrel by an accomplished maker better count on spending in the range of $700-$1,000.
RudallRose

Post by RudallRose »

Correction (and I'm not in any way connected to this flute or its sale)...
it is NOT a patent head. The crown is silver, but without the Rudall/Rose and royal crest. So, conceivably it can be repaired easily to work fine.
Too...this flute appears to be the first by Rudall (or close to first) to use Post/pillar key mounts rather than block.....and the first (or close to first) to use round silver disks instead of square for the pewter keys on the foot joint.
Nice item. Medium holes it appears in the photos.
Anyway....looks as if the seller in the UK ends the auction at 5 am (my time) Sunday....yikes....bad marketing!
dm
andrew

Post by andrew »

Why on earth does Mr Levine think that this flute needs a new head and barrel ?
Perhaps it was made by or designed by Rudolph Greve .
Michel
antispam: No

Post by Michel »

perhaps because it has a crack running trough the embouchure hole wich
could be difficult to repair.
sturob
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by sturob »

andrew wrote:Why on earth does Mr Levine think that this flute needs a new head and barrel ?
Actually, Dave's the one who mentioned the new headjoint, and I think Levine was just saying a new head would cost more than a couple hundred dollars.

Stuart
andrew

Post by andrew »

The crack seems to be a clean one , so is a new head indicated ?.There is no suggestion that the barrel has any fault .Mr Migoya's suggestion of a few hunded dollars was before the vendor confirmed that the headjoint is an ordinary one .Had I been successful im my bid we would have considered a lip plate, or stuck a hole in a new cocus headjoint which would have solved the problem quite cheaply .