New to the forum

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
mouse1180
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

New to the forum

Post by mouse1180 »

Hello, I'm new to this site. I've been playing the flute for 11 years. Just thought I'd say hey!! :)
Blackbeer

Post by Blackbeer »

Hey yourself and welcome to this place of flutedumb. If I live long enough to have played the flute for 11 years I`d die a happy man. So what do ya play and on what and all that stuff;

Tom
Jayhawk
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Post by Jayhawk »

Another hearty welcome here...and a second for more info (flute, style of music played, etc...).

Eric
mouse1180

Post by mouse1180 »

I have an armstrong flute which is older than dirt, and an armstrong piccolo. Right now my flute is messed up and for the life of me i can't fix it and it's driving me nuts. When you go from e flat to e natural the last key next to the foot joint sticks. I've checked my wires and my screws and I can't figure out what is wrong. I play anything I can get my hands on, I don't have any certain style. I also have a hall glass flute. I haven't messed with it much, but I think it has a beautiful tone. When I get a new flute I want an open hole flute with a professional foot joint. I don't know which brand I want yet. If anyone has any suggestions, i'm open to them.
skh

Post by skh »

Welcome to the board ;-)

You are aware that the focus here is on wooden keyless or simple-system flutes? I'm sure there's somebody who can give opinions about Boehm system flutes as well, though.

Sonja
Shut up and play.
mouse1180

Post by mouse1180 »

No i had no idea, sorry.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Welcome, Mouse. Don't worry about the Boehm thing; you're welcome here. Sonja's right; I myself play simple-system and, like so many here, my focus is ITM. That being said, there are ITM players who use Boehm flutes: the great Noel Rice comes to mind. AND quite a number of us prefer a more varied musical diet, so there's room for all. Keep posting!

Best,
N
skh

Post by skh »

Nanohedron wrote: Keep posting!
Oh, yes! Sorry, I didn't mean to discourage you, just explain why it might take some time until you get an answer on Boehm-technical questions. Really ;-)

Sonja
Shut up and play.