Kevin Crawford video!

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Ghoeti
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Kevin Crawford video!

Post by Ghoeti »

I don't know wheter you all know this allready or not but I thought you should know it.

I was just surfing aroud when I discovered this music store page that had hired some people to give them some PR. This store (and i'm shure all of you have seen it before) has a little section called "in session" where different people who know the people at the store has sat down to play a couple a tune and say some words.
Anyway, some of the people playing are Kevin Crawford, John Wynne and Michael Hynes!!! There are lots of people playing other instruments too!!

http://www.custysmusic.com/mall/CustysT ... ession.htm

Now ain't that cool then I don't know what has to be done to make you satisfied!!
Stay Tuned!!
Ghoeti

Post by Ghoeti »

N.B

This was in no way any commercial for the store, just pure fluting fun!!
Stay Tuned!!
Ronbo
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Ronbo »

If this store is going to use these tunes for promotion, it would be really nice if they would provide for enough bandwidth for you to actually download the things and play them. Hearing Kevin Crawford 6 notes at t time, while the screen freezes is not designed to enhance your enjoyment of his playing, unless you really like pounding nails into your hands.
spittle

Post by spittle »

Is indeed probably the best collection of good quality performance videos on the web for Traditional Irish performances. I love it!

Kevin's performance of Colonel Frazer's awesome, I listen to/watch it regularly for inspiration :)

Regards.
- Ryan
maevlannen

Post by maevlannen »

Ronbo wrote:If this store is going to use these tunes for promotion, it would be really nice if they would provide for enough bandwidth for you to actually download the things and play them. Hearing Kevin Crawford 6 notes at t time, while the screen freezes is not designed to enhance your enjoyment of his playing, unless you really like pounding nails into your hands.
To download them is easy and if you are using win2000:- First let them play however slowly don't worry about it. When it has finished open the folder
\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\ . Here there are a bunch of folders with weird names, it will be in one of them stored as an mpeg and called kev_crawford_in_good_company_hi_res[1].mpeg. Move it somewhere else and play it. It will now play at a reasonable speed.
enjoy--
herbivore12

Post by herbivore12 »

Is something supposed to happen?

I mean, I clicked on the link, clicked on Crawford's link, got to a page that asked if I wanted to see hi or lo resolution (I'm on DSL, so chose "hi"), and all I get is a blank HTML page. Am I missing something?
spittle

Post by spittle »

herbivore, I had the same problem attempting to look at these from work as opposed to home (which worked fine). I discovered that Realplayer at work was configured to play the 'mpeg' file type and since these clips can only play through Windows Media Player, just a blank page would result.
Once I unchecked the box for 'mpeg video' in Realplayer's settings I could view the clips no prob.

If you have/use Realplayer go to 'Options' from the menu's a look for a 'file-types' tab, and looked to see that MPEG is not selected. Worked for me anyway.

Regards,
- r
maevlannen

Post by maevlannen »

Yes you have to be using Windows media player as opposed to any product which uses true streaming data flow. WMP obviously just accumulates the file in a cache for local repeat playing.