Anyone selling a keyless Ormiston?

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
eskin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by eskin »

Just curious... I finally played one up at Lark in the Morning in San Francisco, was very impressed, but they were asking something like 40% more than the going rate.

Cheers,

Michael Eskin
gcollins

Post by gcollins »

Hey Michael:

I know what you mean. The curious thing about "market value" of flutes is that it seems to be increasing for those flutes that one can take immediate delivery on vs. the price one would have to wait on the maker's waiting list.

40% seems a little high, but 25% over the price of the maker for a great flute you can get today is close to a market value, based on what I see people buying flutes for.

Consider this for a small business. Get on the waiting list of all the top guys for keyless and keyed flutes. Take delivery on the flutes then turn them around to others for a very nice premium. Keyless flutes seem to be the best speculative opportunity--12 months wait and the cost of money for the 10-20% deposit required.

A great flute now to feed the desire for a new awesome flute has a high premium.

Regards,
G
ErikT
antispam: No

Post by ErikT »

Sorry Micheal,

Can't help, but I've got only 11 months left to wait for my 5 key from George. Like you, I couldn't stomach paying so much to the stores that stock his flutes. With any luck he'll remember that I'm visiting his shop in May and have it ready then - a few months early.

Peace,
Erik
Loren
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Geeze Michael,

How many flutes do you need? :smile:
Otter

Post by Otter »

Hi Michael,

I have mentioned in the past how great Ormiston flutes are. I, for one, was lucky to find a keyless for sale on this very message board just about one year ago.
It has since become one of my priceless possession.

Best of luck in your search

Sibyle
croberts

Post by croberts »

Hi Michael,

I got mine at Hobgoblin Music. It was much less that Lark In The Morning. Maybe give them a try. http://www.hobgoblin.com

Chris