Starter baroque flute for sale (SOLD)

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
glauber
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Starter baroque flute for sale (SOLD)

Post by glauber »

I'm selling my Sweetheart traverso (baroque flute).

I wouldn't sell this if i didn't need the money to buy my next traverso (a Rod Cameron). This flute is in good as new condition; it was very well taken care of. I'm including the original soft cloth roll and fingering chart, and a custom-made plastic hardcase that cost me $50. The man who used to make these cases has passed away, so you can't get them anymore (double bummer, this is a very nice case, very sturdy too).

The Sweetheart is a low maintenance flute (doesn't require oiling), plays well and in tune in modern (A=440) and baroque (A=415) tuning. It's the same model that James Peeples reviewed in his Web site (sound clip included). This is a good starter baroque flute, so you can decided if you want to explore this branch of FlOA without breaking the bank. I don't think you can get a (playable) traverso for a better price.

A couple of pictures follow. You can see a few more pictures clicking on this link.

Following the board's rules, please don't respond to this posting. If you're interested, send me a "PM" or email me at mailfrom.wflute.20.glauber@spamgourmet.com

As you can see from the picture, i'm also throwing in an Yamaha wooden cleaning stick (cost me $7) which i cut so it fits inside the case. What a great deal!!! :)

Last edited by glauber on Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
glauber

Post by glauber »

I realize i didn't specify the wood, above. This flute is in maple treated with Tung oil at high temperature and pressure, which seals it permanently, so it doesn't require additional oiling.

When i bought it from Ralph Sweet i asked him if his blackwood version would sound better than the maple, and he told me that they sound the same, since the flute's shape and not the wood is what determines the sound. To the best of my experience, i've found this to be true.

Maple has an advantage over blackwood, that it's much easier to photograph! :) Much lighter flute too, easier to hold unless you are the new governator of California.

Location: i'm in the USA, but i'll ship the flute overseas if there is interest (of course the shipping costs would be higher). If you're interested, email me and we can discuss shipping.
--Wellsprings--
glauber

Sold!

Post by glauber »

Going... going... gone! Sold through half.com.
--Wellsprings--