Wheatstone Flutes

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
mat
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mat »

andrew wrote:I am searching for an illustration of a Wheatstone patent attachment I have somewhere .Can anybody tell me how to put the picture on the site ?
I was working on this myself Andrew. There is a help topic in the FAQ about this. The basic jist is that you need to float it on the web somewhere and link it to this page :-? ????? I fear I am a bit of a Luddite at heart and it all went a bit over my head. Would be great to see the picture though!
kevin m.

Post by kevin m. »

RE mouthpiece attachment ;
mat wrote:does it have two studs or similar to hold it in place below the embouchure?
No, It simply has a circular clamp with a screw(missing) opposite your mouth,when it was attached to the flute, to allow the gizmo to securely grip the flute head when in use.
"I blame it on those Lead Fipples y'know."
Gordon
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Gordon »

mat wrote:Can I take it then that Jacks flute, like mine, has pretty small tone holes?

I am slowly getting her back into playing condition after many years gathering dust in a cupboard. She will never be a 'tune cannon' but plays very sweetly and easily.
Absolutely right. It is not a large holed flute, and therefore does play easily; I wouldn't have described Jacks tone as sweet, but that's Jack and not the flute.
Gordon
mat

Post by mat »

He told me that it suits his "pointy little fingers".

What a happy coincidence, I also could be accused of having pointy little fingers!
mat

Post by mat »

andrew wrote:What pitch does the flute play at ?
About 450hz