The money's sent-now just have to wait

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Tradman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Ready to be a decent flute player again! I took a break of about 17 years and it's been way too long.

The money's sent-now just have to wait

Post by Tradman »

Hi all. I guess most of us here have been there before: You make a purchase decision and then once the order is placed you mail off the money to the seller...and then you wait.

Today I sent the $$$ for what will be my first wood flute and I am so ready for the mail to get to the seller's home and have the flute put in the mail to be shipped down to me.

Oh well, guess it's a good thing I have a ton of whistles and tunes to learn on the old practice flute...and Im a flight simulator junkie too so Im sure I will have plenty to keep my mind off of its arrival next week- NOT!
Eric T
Waycross, GA USA
Dave Copley 6 Key
Ormiston Keyless
Roy MacManus blackwood high- D
Sindt high- D
Various Chieftain Low Whistles
Tradman
Tell us something.: Ready to be a decent flute player again! I took a break of about 17 years and it's been way too long.

Initial Impression and the first note played...

Post by Tradman »

Well, I just this morning I recieved my first wooden flute.

I went down to the post to pick it up and after signing for it I went to pay a bill downtown only to remember that I couldnt pay that certain bill there. Darn, a quarter in the meter is wasted...or is it?

To my surprise, I turned around and realized that I was parked right in front of the Old City Inn, a bed and breakfast that was built back in 1876. Some time back I had passed this place and thought it to be a possible location to come and do some Irish music for the dinner crowd and since I was parked here now, using vacation time to pick up the flute and give it the first blow as its new owner I went to the door, asked the keeper for a breakfast plate, and went back outside to have a seat at the outside tables. With the chef's blessing to play my Ormiston as long and loud as I wanted, I put it together carefully and admired how good it looked. Then, I got to try it out a few minutes before the lady brought me a great breakfast.

Now, this flute came about as a combination of wedding gift money, a wonderful lady up in Illinois' willingness to sell the flute for a great price, and shear blessing.
The flute looks awesome, sounds great, and I look forward to getting used to it.
Eric T
Waycross, GA USA
Dave Copley 6 Key
Ormiston Keyless
Roy MacManus blackwood high- D
Sindt high- D
Various Chieftain Low Whistles
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Cool! Is that tune cannon keyed?
Tradman

keyed...

Post by Tradman »

Nano,

Nah, I dont think I will be going 'keyed' for a while since I play piper style due to carpel tunnel. It's the Short D foot and I really like it so far.
Beautiful blackwood and silver though!