"early flute" valuation

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Abject apologies.I have tried to buy a Dvorak keyboard for this computer thing so I can learn my A from my E (or whatever they say )
David Levine
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by David Levine »

Dear Andrew,
I am grateful for the appellation according eminence... but what Rudall Rose & Carte is this? I think you may have confused me with somebody else. Bid, perhaps, but not won. Would it were otherwise.
David
Dominic Allan

early flute valuation

Post by Dominic Allan »

so I guess that the answer to my original question is no?
andrew

Post by andrew »

Some months ago I was corresponding with a ' John of Wickfield ' who was selling a Rudall Rose & Carte flute on Ebay .Perhaps trying to raise the bids he told me of the others who had expressed an interest .One was some business of Welsh pipe and flutemakers ,and the other he said was a D.Levine ,I believe of Boston ,somewhere abroad.I outbid the first parties but the winner came up on Ebay as Levine.Strangely enough I assumed it was the distiguished Philosopher and flute Connoisseur of that name I had heard spoken of in glowing terms .When I saw who (I thaught) had bought such a nice flute I didn't feel so bad . If it wasn't that Levine of Boston I imagined it was I shall have to go back to feeling bad about losing such a good flute !
cocusflute

Rudall confusion

Post by cocusflute »

Ah Andrew... right you are! I must have confused myself with somebody else. My apologies. I haven't the flute at hand, which is why it didn't come to mind. I bought the flute in partnership with another player who has it at present. It was fairly priced but has some ideosyncrasies and needs considerable work, which neither of us has gotten around to yet.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Well well !.We are getting towards the truth .Are we to find that cocusflute and David Levine are different faces of some fluety Janus ? Will we now find that Ectophonic did indeed help those naughty Americans to fake the moon landings and if not , who did ?.It is time we were told . was it Lord Lucan ? He must have being doing something all this time .So long as he isn't bidding on Ebay I don't care .Indeed I am thinking of making the gesture of putting my computer on Ebay and getting my life back .
andrew

Re: early flute valuation

Post by andrew »

ectophonic wrote:so I guess that the answer to my original question is no?
I fear that flute fans are too busy out scouring the junk shops of Birmingham for one of MrAllan's flutes to attend to his education .
Dominic Allan

early flute valuation

Post by Dominic Allan »

For many years now strange creatures from a dying planet have been living among us..... stealing our identities and buying our flutes.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Now we know who buys Mr Allan's flutes.
I am relieved , if not surprised , that it is someone from another planet .He says he knows how flutes are made .For them I suppose .

i
Dominic Allan

Post by Dominic Allan »

andrew wrote:Now we know who buys Mr Allan's flutes.
I am relieved , if not surprised , that it is someone from another planet .He says he knows how flutes are made .For them I suppose .

What do you find so alien about my work?

i