Who makes short D flutes (no B/C foot or extra holes on end)

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
RedFox
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by RedFox »

Martin Doyle makes a "footless" flute. This is his standard model. A great flute with lots of sound.
Steampacket
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Steampacket »

I play a Dave Williams 4 key blackwood flute with the short foot. The flute is capable of more sounds than I can coax from it at the moment, but hopefully in a few years I'll be be better at playing it.
Tradman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Ready to be a decent flute player again! I took a break of about 17 years and it's been way too long.

Post by Tradman »

Steampacket wrote:" The flute is capable of more sounds than I can coax from it at the moment, but hopefully in a few years I'll be be better at playing it.
"

I have a fairly new Ormiston blackwood keyless with the short foot and it sounds really good. It's tone lies somewhere between a pratten and a R&R. It's hard to say. Mello with a bite maybe? I have had it less than a week so Im sure it's got some character Im a ways from learning still. The next flute I get (whether an Olwell or Grinter) will have the long foot though.