Yet another Rudall on Ebay

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
andrew

Post by andrew »

I think I have fallen love with Beowulf ,if his passport photo is to be believed .I have heard that chat rooms are dangerous for young impressionable people like me .
beowulf573
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by beowulf573 »

andrew wrote:I think I have fallen love with Beowulf ,if his passport photo is to be believed .I have heard that chat rooms are dangerous for young impressionable people like me .
Try as I might, I really can't think of a witty response.
andrew

Post by andrew »

I
r
Mr Migoya suggests that W.Camp was the small hole Rudall master and Wylde was the large hole master .My latest Rudall is MEDIUM.Who does Mr Migoya think was the medium master ? (sounds like Goldilocks and the three bears - who's been drilling out my holes )
RudallRose

Post by RudallRose »

Very good, Mr. Pickering.
I'd venture on Mr. Camp merely by the flutes I've seen of that maker mark, as well as those of Mr. Wylde in the large-hole variety.
Too, perhaps, Mr. Camp was of the early years, as his work was only in that frame (lest he went elsewhere perhaps?), and Mr. Wylde was very ably sending flutes to the Firm well into the later part of their 8-key wonder years.
I've not yet seen a small-holed (or medium if you'd like) Wylde flute, nor a large-holed Camp. If perhaps you've located one or the other, a clear reference might add additional confusion to our own.
Now, dear Andrew, what is the serial number of your male-tenon-barrel R&R that you acquired so I can add it to your others in the database? Private email is surely an option if you so like. :)