Another Noy up for sale . . .

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
sturob
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Another Noy up for sale . . .

Post by sturob »

Another Noy flute up for sale on eBay; I found it looking for the flute asked about on another thread.

Here's the link.

It's strange that there have been 3 "like-new" Noy flutes for sale in the recent past. Is there something about them that's not IrTrad enough for some folks, I wonder?

Stuart
eilam
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by eilam »

I think this is the second one, this is the same flute that was listed on the Irish flute
website, and earlier on this list. Both flutes have the modern cut embouchure and the modern head. Peter offers three deferent embouchure cuts, R&R, Pratten, and the modern cut. Could be that this cut is a bit big for the traditional dark tone, and more Boehm like in playing qualities?

Stuart, O Thread Master, I direly hope I stayed close enough to topic, and shall not be beheaded ......yet again :tomato: .
Winded

Post by Winded »

Actually, it's a wonderful flute. It's very traditional in it's playability and tone. I just need the$$$$. It's the best Irish flute I've ever played.
sturob
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by sturob »

eilam wrote:Stuart, O Thread Master, I direly hope I stayed close enough to topic, and shall not be beheaded ......yet again :tomato: .
Eilam, Eilam, Eilam.

I like OT stuff! You have me confused with someone else.

Speaking of which, nice bowls on your website!

Stuart
gcollins

Post by gcollins »

I'm surprised to see two Noy flutes up for sale as well. I've had this one for a couple of weeks, and it is really an outstanding flute. It is bright, especially with an unlined head, but the embouchure of the modern cut is really flexible--nice and reedy, but surely not Olwell-feel.

It is more like an R&R feel, in my opinion. Great flutes, so responsive and with a very Rudall-like compelling tone. Which I'm glad about. I did not expect such a good tone, and incredible volume for such a light flute. the keys and workmanship are among the best I've seen. His waiting list is now over 18 months,though that is no indicator of anything really.

I recommend someone pick up the keyed model and make a deal.

G
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

Was this the R&R with the amber blow-hole, that you have been waiting for, or was that someone else on the list?

Got pictures?

Mary