BIG News: New CD from June Ni Chormaic and Micheal Rooney!

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
bradhurley
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

BIG News: New CD from June Ni Chormaic and Micheal Rooney!

Post by bradhurley »

Dennis Gormley just notified me that June Ni Chormaic (flute) and Michael Rooney (harp, concertina) have released a CD called Draiocht.

Along with many of their other fans, I've been hoping for a recording from them and I'm thrilled about this news. I haven't heard it yet other than the sample tracks on their website, but I'm sure it's fantastic. Mostly well-known tunes, which is a little disappointing, but I'm sure they put fresh life into them.

Info is available at:

http://homepage.eircom.net/~michaelandj ... /newcd.htm

If you've never heard June's brilliant flute playing, you're in for a treat.

Note added subsequently: It appears that the CD is available only from June and Michael directly, and apparently they intended it to be more of a demo CD than a commercial release (recorded in a home studio). Still definitely worth getting, though, and maybe the response to this CD will convince them to do another one.
energy

Post by energy »

Oh YES oh YES oh YES!! Finally!

:party:
"I don't want to be interesting. I want to be good." - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe
"I'm the goodest sheep rider there is. Except Jesus." - Koby Blunt, multiple time rodeo champion, age 6
MurphyStout

Post by MurphyStout »

Anybody bought this cd yet? I was listening to WFO and somehow I overlooked her playing but now I'm hooked and I need to hear more.
No I'm not returning...
Roo

Post by Roo »

Yep! I picked up a copy when they were here in New Zealand for the 'Celtic Flute School' recently. It showcases both Junes wonderful style of flute playing - influenced by her training on the pipes - and Michael's amazing left hand technique on the harp. Worth every cent.

Cheers,

Andrew.
kkrell
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Hopefully they're off performing somewhere and will respond to my purchase request soon.

Kevin Krell
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org