Seeking to buy a Geoffrey Ellis Ebonite pratten flute

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
__mb__
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I enjoy playing the flute! I've learned a lot from reading the forum here, as well. So I'm registering to be able to post and search.

Seeking to buy a Geoffrey Ellis Ebonite pratten flute

Post by __mb__ »

Hi Everyone,

I'm interested in purchasing an Ellis Ebonite Pratten flute, if anyone here has one that they're open to selling. My understanding is that Mr. Ellis isn't making them anymore, so I thought to write to ask.

Thank you for reading!
stiofan
Tell us something.: I've been a C&Fer since 2003. Currently playing wooden flute & (mainly low) whistles, along with the bowed dulcimer.

Re: Seeking to buy a Geoffrey Ellis Ebonite pratten flute

Post by stiofan »

__mb__
Tell us something.: I enjoy playing the flute! I've learned a lot from reading the forum here, as well. So I'm registering to be able to post and search.

Post by __mb__ »

Thank you! Missing out on that exact one (it's going to another person) is actually what prompted me to post here! : P
PB+J
Tell us something.: I'm a historian and the author of "The Beat Cop:Chicago's Chief O'Neill and the Creation of Irish Music," published by the University of Chicago in 2022. I live in Arlington VA and play the flute sincerely but not well

Post by PB+J »

No help at all, but I have one and really like it a lot. Currently the headjoint is mated to a 19th century cocus 8-key body and the combination is a joy to play. I wish Geoffrey would go back to making them
Tou-Che

Post by Tou-Che »

I have an Ellis resin infused maple keyless if interested. Really nice flute and can handle the elements like a synthetic.